Monday, December 17, 2007

It's raining in my kitchen

Wow what a great party Saturday night. I've hardly been able to wait to write about it, but I was hoping to have some pictures. Oh well, I can't wait any longer!

I had super amounts of fun at our send-off party Saturday night. We have an amazing group of people in our lives! And although it's only 3 hours away, right now it seems awfully far. I've had a lot of reassurance that it's not, and that true friendships stand the test of distance.

Any way, the party was awesome. Good food, great friends and a lot of laughter. Every one looked happy and although I didn't get to talk to anyone as much as I wanted, hopefully no one felt neglected or ignored. And did I say the food was good? YUM

There was video camera set up upstairs for people to say little good-bye messages to us. We're going to wait til we're up there to look at it. It should be funny if not a little sentimental.

And after almost every one left, we played this game called Apples to Apples. If you haven't played it, you might want to soon. It's SO cool. I almost lost my voice from yelling so much. It's not a quiet game...

Sunday morning I woke up and went to the fridge for my morning diet Coke, only to have water fall on me from the ceiling. I had to wake up Gabe to a little mini-waterfall in the kitchen. Then I had to leave and when I came home there were to moderately large holes in the ceiling. They might actually have to get bigger... Ugh, plumbing. But at least this happened while we're still here, and not when the new tenants just moved in and us 3 hours away!

Always something to be grateful for... always. I had a whole weekend of grateful. I'm chock full today too.

2 comments:

Miss Bliss said...

SO FUN!! You and I both KNOW that Leeches and Cockroaches ARE cute...for pete sake.

Road trips are already being planned...no worries about distance.

Kat said...

Wow, what a kitchen issue and I hope it's all fixed but the real question is...were you able to have the Diet Coke?

Three hours isn't too far away...you will be visited and that is a fact!