Friday, November 30, 2007

Happy but rant-y

So much joy, two new babies!
I'm so happy where I am right now, newly wed and about to make a big move. I don't feel the need to complicate my life or make chaos like I used to. I know people love me and are just curious about my future plans.

BUT! It's hard to keep smiling when we just answered the "when's the wedding" question and (I swear!) immediately it's the "when are you having kids" question.

It's funny that people seemed shocked that Kim got pregnant so soon after she was married, considering that I've been married 5 months and have been asked "when, when, when" from day one. I know that's what Kim wanted to do, but Gabe and I are making some pretty big changes right now, and having a child (or 2!) is not tops on our agenda right this minute.

Ok, ok so I'm a little grumbly today. I don't feel all that good and I desperately miss my husband. He's been gone since Sunday and while I really filled up my schedule to keep from getting lonely, it's just not the same when he's not around. So I'm happy that he's returning to me this afternoon/evening.

1 comment:

Miss Bliss said...

Yeah I know this annoyance. Listen my favorite answer to that question has always been, "Not today." It tends to make people laugh and then, sometimes, they are rude enough to ask again and I say it again and again and as often as necessary for them to get bored and go away. I think it's so rude that people assume that they have some right to that very, very personal information.