Friday, November 23, 2007

Holiday ramblings of love and gratitude

Okay, I admit it. I love the holidays.

It has not always been this way! In fact, quite the opposite. The holidays themselves are exactly the same, but my opinion of them has been changed by a few things. One of which is the pleasure of giving gifts.

Boy do I love buying people presents. Stuff that reminds me of them (or reminds them of me!), or that I think that they shouldn't have to live without. Stuff they wouldn't buy themselves. I like the thinking of others, the looks on their faces when they open the present, the feeling of satisfaction I get when I've nailed it.

And, to put it even more simply, I love SHOPPING!

Another reason I've grown so fond of the last two months of the year is that I've really learned to appreciate the people in my life, family and friends. Thanksgiving and Christmas are good times to really get how important it is to cherish what I have. I try to do it all year long, but hey, nobody's that good.

This is our first Christmas as a married couple, which makes it feel extra special. I have new relatives because of it, a sister and a dad. I am so stoked!

I hope what ever your view is of the holidays, you get the most out of the last of 2007.

No comments: