Monday, November 19, 2007

A good weekend

The retreat was wonderful, Father Terry brilliant and funny. I am feeling relaxed and happy that I am in a good place. I spent the weekend with some women who really help me to feel centered and grounded. I roomed with a woman I'm sponsoring and we talked and played cribbage and generally bonded.
And then I came home to my husband, and we went and took formal wedding photos at the beach! My photographer (http://jenniferjasso.com if you're looking) was fun and full of ideas. She was also pretty happy as she'd just gotten engaged to my old roommate the previous evening. Congratulations, Mike and Jen!!
You will see some formal wedding pictures as soon as I have them in my hands and figure out how to post them.

Here come the holidays in all their chaotic glory! I am ready and willing to participate in the festivities, although food is always an issue... two months of "oh just this once" can add up to quite a few pounds. I am looking forward to focusing on my family, football and anything else that doesn't include calories. It's hard because I just love to eat. LOVE IT. But I hope to make it to the new year in the same clothing size, so I will just have to make good choices. *sigh*

3 comments:

Miss Bliss said...

So glad you had a good time at the retreat!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the pics

Anonymous said...

Yay! I just heard about Jennifer and Mike and that is some of the best news I've heard in ages. If there were two people walking this planet meant to be together, it's them. I can hardly wait to see your wedding pictures! Jennifer blew my mind with how good she did my headshots. Oh, and glad that the retreat turned out to be all retreat-y and all. :)