Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Preparations have begun

I party planned with my girlfriends on Sunday, and not only are my friends the coolest thing ever, they also have very good party ideas. Gabe and I are going to have a rockin' send-off! And while I am sad to go I just LOVE a party, especially when I have a say on the guest list.
So between party planning and house hunting, everything is kind of coming to a head. Even the stubbornest of my in denial friends are beginning to come around to the fact that the move is actually happening.
Yay! Boo! I don't remember a time I've been more divided. I'm hardly ambivalent, but I AM undecided on what's "best." Which is unusual for me as I am very opinionated. I guess I'm realizing that I've made the choices, and the results of those choices are not up to me. I have to rely on a power greater than myself to figure out the outcome.
And I am remembering that it's the journey, and not the destination, that I am here for. So I'm trying to spend a lot of time with my friends, enjoy the holiday season and just generally remain present and concious of my current surroundings. Soakin' up the love!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You seem so together right now...I hope you enjoy your continued journey. You will be missed but we now have excuses for weekends away or little spa vacations. I love you and know you'll be ok!

Miss Bliss said...

WAHOOOOOOOO for the fun party planning and the fun party to follow. Transitions are always a bit disturbing but I have friends all over the place...friends I've had since I was 18 years old, that's a LOOOOOONG time to maintain a friendship over distance, but we do it and it's great. So...everyone is really just a phone call away, like always.
:-)