Monday, November 12, 2007

Here we go!

Well, here I go on a new frontier!
Hello to every one.
I would like to get my first post out of the way so I can relax about it.
So here it is.

Uh....

My husband suggested I get a blog to help me feel closer to my friends when we move. I am excited and nervous about the move (and the blog!) but am extremely hopeful about starting life in a new place.
But for now, I'm just going to try to enjoy the holidays and my friends for the rest of the time I am here.


I'm going on a spiritual retreat this weekend, and am so looking forward to it. It's become a tradition for me these past few years, to get away from my life and examine it from a bit of distance. I went for the first time about 5 years ago when I was in a really dark place. I talked and laughed with a bunch of women that I'd never really knew before and they saved my behind.
Now when I go to the retreat, I spend time with those women, that I don't get to see much in "real" life, and get to remember why I enjoy their company, and how important and influential they have been in my life and sanity.
I also get a chance to read and write and really relax with out feeling like I should be up and doing something. All in all, it's a great thing for me to do.
In fact, I enjoy it so much that I think that every one should try it at least once.

4 comments:

Kat said...

Glad to know you're having the blog so I can keep in touch with you (:

Reminds me that I need to update our family blog.

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!! Your very first blog post! Lovely job, lovey. Keep 'em coming! And I had no idea you were off a retreat. See how great this blog thing is?

Miss Bliss said...

YAY! Welcome to the Blogosphere! Hope you had a good time at the retreat. I didn't go this year but I'm hoping to next year.

Anonymous said...

Yay, love you, love your blog