Sunday, January 6, 2008

The Kitchen


One room completely done! Dude, the kitchen is rad. It makes me want to bake something.
This is a lot of fun. Gabe and I are running around like chickens with our heads cut off, unpacking boxes and exchanging decorating ideas. We keep mentioning how it feels like we're just on vacation.
We have this little sanctuary we're building. I spent a gajillion dollars today at Target, buying house stuff. Even though I'm taking half of it back, it was certainly a lot of fun making color & fabric choices.
This is all kind of unreal. Both Gabe and I are very interested in how I'm going to react to moving so far from everything I knew my whole life. I keep getting these little reminders we're not in Kansas anymore but I think having a comfortable home is going to be very conducive to me being content in this new environment.
Having my husband and dog here is very calming, obviously.
But! I realize that this is a "stressful" event. And I'm not getting away totally unscathed. My face is breaking out and I am beginning to recognize a low level of anxiety. Thankfully there's plenty to do so I never have to be idle unless I'm sleeping. Or posting a blog.

4 comments:

Kat said...

OMG..what a beautiful kitchen. Enjoy putting your home together (:

Miss Bliss said...

DUDE I am so lusting after your kitchen! Hell I wanna bake something...and I don't do that so much...LOL.

Anonymous said...

So are you looking for a full time cook? I am so there for you...and of course I could bring my doggie girls to keep you baby company...oh, I am already daydreaming the possibilites...lushes 7 point teri chicken meals or one of my portabello mushroom, polentia pizzas (only 4 points)...think I'll take all these happy thouhgts to the dentist today!!!
Love you! Vicki

Anonymous said...

*drool*