Sunday, January 27, 2008

A good meeting is hard to find

I have found some really nice people in "north county" SLO at AA meetings. And after about 7 meetings and being handed 4 anonymous phone lists, two women in Atascadero gave me their numbers personally. Most people say welcome to me in their shares, but not many women come up after meetings to shake my hand.

While I am getting the recovery out of the meetings, I am not really feeling any fellowship. Now I know this is not all every one else's fault. It's my job to put myself out there. I do try, I am just not vibing on any one.

So today I got up early and drove to San Luis Obispo and went to the Melody Group. Wow. Big difference. Which was nice because I was starting to believe that maybe it was all me. But people came up to me, women threw their numbers at me and insisted I call them. I got invited back and told they couldn't wait to meet my sober husband.

It was almost like being in Burbank.

What?! I said almost! Nothing will ever compare to my experience at the Burbank group, and no one will ever replace my girl troops. But I definitely need to build up some friendly faces around here.

That being said, I am very excited for our visit to Burbank at the end of this week. I am stoked, what with coffee with the girls and the Super Bowl, not to mention the chance to go to my favoritest ever meeting, the women's Tuesday night. I will also hopefully get a chance to see my cousin and her little family.

I never took my experience of living in Burbank for granted, and I'm happy to not have any regrets about leaving. It was great to live there, good shopping, fabulous friends, great AA. I do miss those things, but I'm still happy we're here.

1 comment:

Miss Bliss said...

YAY!! You found a good group!!