Friday, November 7, 2008

Something to Say

Monday's party went great! Lots of ladies showed up and a good time was had by all. At least that's what they say... I had a good time, at least. Those ladies love each other so much and seem to have decided that I am one of them, FINALLY!

Jennie was up and she was a blast. I felt like I barely had any time to hang out with her before it was time for her to get on the road. We had the party on Monday and went shopping on Tuesday in downtown SLO then later did the hot springs in Paso. We watched a movie (Dawn of the Dead 2004) on Wednesday night. Then it was time for her to go. Oh well, she'll be back. Soon!




My cousin is due to arrive in a few days with her precious baby daughter, who was Tinker Bell for Halloween. LOOK:

That's pretty darn cute. I would totally rock those tights if they came in my size!

Monday I start training a new barista and I'm excited but nervous. I was hoping to get some time off on Monday or Tuesday but I pretty much can't since I'm going to be working with some one. So my cousin will have to fend for herself for the mornings she is here. I'll make up for it in the afternoon, Kim. I promise.

Not that I want to get in any way political in this forum (or any other! Like you give a shit what I think about politics) but I will say I'm excited for the change of president to come already! I can't imagine becoming president-elect and then having to wait 3 or 4 months to start. It's like getting told you're going to get the best Christmas present ever while being eaten by a monster... but first you have to wait. How glorious and terrifying.

Have I told you I LOVE the library system up here? I figured out that I have saved a bazillion dollars on new books, using the Black Gold Library System's free transfer of books between libraries. The whole SLO and SB counties are in on it, and I can rent a book from any library in those 2 counties and they will deliver it to my library down the street. A BAZILLION DOLLARS! I swear.

So that's my something to say. I felt like I had a lot going on and wanted you to know about it. Now you do and I can finally walk away from my computer without that uneasy blogless feeling.

No comments: