Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Remember How I Said...

... that my family was coming and that it was all very exciting?

Well. It's been way more exciting than I've bargained for because everything has been mostly up in the air. Maybe they're coming, maybe they're not. Well, this day, no wait this day. AHHHHHH!!! Now maybe you thrive in this type of environment, but me, Miss Type-A-Plans-Christmas-in-June is having a little bit of a rough time with this whole thing. I'm not suffering by any stretch of the imagination... but for some one who likes to know in advance, all this... fluidity... can be a bit stress inducing.

So I'm hanging loose. I bought a 17 pound turkey today. I hope that is enough for however many people are going to be here. I got all the fixins. Gabe will cook the bird, and we'll probably split the rest down the middle somewhere.

If I were you, I'd avoid grocery stores, Target, Trader Joe's. And my condolences if you try to step a foot into Costco. It's only going to get worse, and I feel very, very sorry for y'all who live in SoCal. BUT! We can be grateful if there is any money to spend at all, right?

Oh BTW it's RAINING!! Beautiful pitter-pattering on my rooftop, authentic California rain. It makes me want to cozy up and have a fire.

To all my friends in family in Burbank and further, I am thinking of you this week of thankfulness. I miss you and wish we could all be together. Good luck and many blessings on this most grateful of holidays.

2 comments:

Miss Bliss said...

Happy Turkey Day!!

giddy girlie said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Maybe after all of your company has cleared out, you can sneak down to SoCal for the day? Disneyland Christmas decorations. 'Nuff said. :)