Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Saint Gabriel

I made plans last month for my aunt and cousin to visit us this weekend. The weekend before Thanksgiving- we are going to make special Greek cookies that my aunt Teddi has made forever around the holidays. So that's two.

Gabe and I got a spa the other day and need it hooked up. I think I mentioned that my mom's boyfriend was going to come up and get electrifying on it's behind. Well, he didn't get back from New Jersey til yesterday. So he wanted to go home for a little while before he took the trip up here. Well, somewhere in all this my mother decided she wanted to come with.

They should be up here in the next few days. Possibly arriving the exact same moment as my cousin and aunt. Who knows, as all the details haven't been completely ironed out yet. So now we're up to four.

But wait! There's more!

My godmothers have decided that they'd like to tag along with my mom when she comes up. And their little dog too. No, I am not kidding. That makes six, not including Princess the pooch, due to arrive sometime this weekend.

Then when they're all gone, the party's just begun. For then, Thanksgiving will be upon us, with more family descending upon us for the weekend. Beyond all that, my friend is coming up the Tuesday after Thanksgiving on her winter break.

To me, this is like a party dream come true. I love my family and spent many years apart from them. So to see them in the comfort of my own home and extend my hospitality to them helps to make amends in our relationships. Plus they're so fun to me! And I have been hoping to see this particular friend make it up here for a while now.

I would be totally fine with it, if the tables were turned. But I live to host and have houseguests. I can't really expect Gabe to be all thrilled, but he's totally cool with everything, including my family all deciding to pile in at once. Maybe it's just a stereotype, but I expected him to be way less okay. Yay, husband!

1 comment: