Saturday, July 12, 2008

Is it the middle of July already?!

My mom has gone back to Phoenix after a very pleasant stay. We didn't do a whole lot of sight seeing, but we managed to make it to Morro Bay once. I was a little disappointed, my favorite scenic drive (the 46 West to Cambria) was completely ruined by haze from all the big fires. We're smack dab in the middle of the Goleta and Big Sur blazes.


The sunsets have been beautiful, reds and oranges and pinks. But during the day most of the time my mom was in town it almost looked like LA with a thick hazy, smoky nasty air quality. Of course, the day after she leaves, the wind kicks in and it's just gorgeous again! Big fluffy clouds sailing by on a bright blue backdrop.


This morning I have been mentally planning my attack on the women of the Central Coast. I think I'm going to start a meeting, as soon as I figure out how to rent some space to do that in. That's as far as I've gotten, it's too early to make any real decisions.


My friend Jennie is coming up on Monday and I'm excited to spend some time with her. She wants to watch the third season of Buffy which I just happen to have on DVD. So, between that and eating cheese, she and I will probably have quite a rockin' time.


Have a great weekend every one! Here's my favorite picture of Tahiti to get you in the mood:

No comments: