Saturday, July 19, 2008

Hmmmmmmmmm

Life is just humming along.


I had houseguests for almost 2 weeks straight and it's kind of weird to be here, just Gabe and me. Not that I don't love visitors! But it's hard to be "on" all the time, always feeling like I needed to be entertaining.


Now that the fires have gone away, our air quality is slowly returning to normal. I swear it looked like the San Fernando Valley around here. All nasty and smoggy.

I'm still loving the job, my co-workers are really nice and supportive. And boy is it satisfying to make a drink well. I like small, easily attainable goals thankyouverymuch. I've never worked in the food service industry, or any face to face job. Thankfully I'm not in the complaint department!




Gabe gave me an easel for our 1st wedding anniversary...









I painted a couple pictures for my bathroom:

The top one is still a work in progress, but the bottom one makes me happy! I love painting, it's seriously impossible to think of anything else.



And I've been watching a lot of HGTV. A lot. Home & Garden TV. Yes, I'm imagining a "feature wall" in the living room and a complete redo of our fireplace. I'm talking sledgehammers and riverstone. I need help and I can admit it.

Like I said, life is humming along. I've kinda figured out a plan of attack to gain some girlfriends up here. It mostly involves playing games, and well, meditation. I'll keep you updated.

3 comments:

Giggly said...

Oooh! I love creative home improvement!
I like the bathroom paintings!

seevickirun said...

I have been thinking of you a lot lately, but in my imaging I never would have come up with the beautiful paintings!!! Glad you are liking the work at Starbucks...If I didn't work where I did I would either want to work at Starbucks or Gublers (they are an orchid green farm here in Landers)...keep doing the foot work and the perfect friends will show up!!!

Kat said...

I love your bathroom art. Isn't it the best when you've created it?

Enjoy painting away....You could be the next Pla, your bathroom art had a Pla feel to me...Love it (: