Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Holding Steady

My mom left on Monday morning, it was nice to have her here. All she did was cook! I thought I must've gained 5 pounds in a week. But no, I can't blame her for my current state. That is all my fault. Part of it is not being in LA and having to look at starlet wannabes everywhere I go. People around here are all kinds of body types. I'm even starting to snap out of the idea that in order to be beautiful you've got to be a size 2 or smaller. Still, I don't want to keep extra weight on, and I definitely have been gaining slowly over the last year. About 15 pounds of slowly!

I've been doing about 3 yoga classes a week and I have to say I love it. The instructor works us very hard, so it's a great workout and yet also very calming. I have a bunch of free time on my hands, and it's better to take care of myself than to sit on the couch and eat bonbons. I'm not sure I can say that I'm totally bored yet, but I am out of the habit of hanging out with people. Which in one way is good, I don't feel lonely like I did when I first got here. Don't get me wrong I'm still annoyed with the fact that I have a total of 2 and a half friends up here, but I've gotten used to a certain amount of time just for me. What I do with that time is the important thing. I've got to try to be somewhat useful!

Gabe's feeling better so that's a nice change. He's back to his normal witty self, and we're getting to hang out a little more. Valentine's Day was nice and mellow, low-key. The acupuncture really helped him! Now he's been referred to a surgeon after his MRI results came through. I'm not worried though- if he has to have surgery to be better, I want him to have it.

Ok, off I go to work again!

1 comment:

Kat said...

Sounds like you're finally settled. It's nice to see that you've become more comfortable. Enjoy the yoga classes and I hope Gabe continues to heal (: