Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Good Morning!

Getting more and more excited for Christmas, although I am trying to soak it all in. It's not necessarily the day of the 25th that's so exciting as much as the whole spirit of Christmas that (hopefully) hangs around for the days leading up to it. In that light, I am listening to Christmas music that I adore, and wearing little Christmas earrings to work every day.

My shopping is almost done so I'm not all stressed out about that. I usually do pretty good in that area. This year for Gabe I got him a couple small things I think he needs/will like and I'm leaving it at that. It's so hard because the past couple of years I've been trying to top myself over and over, but I'm just setting the bar too high. It's supposed to be the thought that counts.

Speaking of all this Christmas cheer, I got my feelings hurt for the first time at work yesterday. A woman came in and was SO. RUDE. Usually I just laugh it off later but for some reason she did it the right way- making me feel like a piece of trash. I hope that it relieved some pressure off of her, whatever was bugging her yesterday. Really, I was shocked at how awful I felt, so I hope that it helped her out in some way. Otherwise it was just wasted meanness!

My mom's boyfriend is in town, he got a job at the power plant (he's an electrician). I guess it pays pretty well and stuff, but I'm hoping this is just the first in a string of things that gets them to move up here. I would like my mom close. And if she could get my brother to come with her, that would be the COOLEST.

Well that's all for now, I'll try and keep you posted on our holidays this year. I hope you're enjoying the spirit of Christmas where ever you are!

1 comment:

Miss Bliss said...

I'm a total goof for the holidays as well! I love it all...specially the movies. We watched Rudolph the other night and then White Christmas my very favorite. Now I haven't watched It's A Wonderful Life in a while so I'm about due for that one soon.