Monday, December 22, 2008

Apples and Things

Gabe and I had some people over on Friday and it was way fun. We played Apples to Apples and just sat around and chatted and it was very cool. I can't wait to do it again! But that's not surprising. If I like it, why not have more as soon as I possibly can?

So I'm going to invite people over again on Saturday, if it's not too soon for every one. Hopefully my sister-in-law will be here and we can get her to play too. The more the merrier and all that. It's so nice to be making friends in this area.

Now, not that I'm dying to get away from the AA people here, but there's something to be said about just sitting around, playing a game and being with people who would normally mix. Unfortunately most of the AA's I've bonded with in Atascadero are more religious than me. And I'm sure that is on my mind more than it is on theirs, but I feel a little uncomfortable around it sometimes. I'm working on that.

On a sad note, my boss is planning a move to Utah in the next few months. That's too bad because I think she's really cool, and we work really well together. So hopefully the new supervisor will live up to my expectations or I will have to ask for a transfer, or quit. Neither of which I'd like! Here's a picture of my awesome boss, from Halloween time:

We are just about always having as much fun as she is in that picture.

Gabe totally supports my feelings about the Starbucks situation, which is nice. He gets that this job is a happy thing for me, and I have just come from a situation where going to work felt like a chore and made me really unhappy. So I know he's got my back and we'd work something else out if this whole coffee thing fell through.

I have a friend who just moved to Montreal for work (from Burbank OMG culture shock much?) and she sends these amazing emails detailing her experiences there. I wish she'd get a camera and send some pictures out, and that she'd get a blog so I could turn you guys on to her story. It's really way more interesting than mine, that's for sure!


That's right Jackie! I'm calling you out in front of the whole blogosphere. Ha!



And, finally, here's a picture of me and some of my co-worker wishing every one a happy holiday season.


1 comment: