Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Disappointed

Well, I didn't get the job. The guy said I interviewed really well and that I'm next in line, but that he went with some one with grocery experience. Damn! He also said that he would recommend me to the San Luis Obispo store, so now I kind of have a decision to make.

It's about 20 miles away and with gas prices the way they are it's a tough choice. I realized I would really like to try working for TJ's more than any of my other options, but that doesn't mean I would hate working at the other places. Hmm.

When I look at it written down it seems like a no-brainer though. A 40 mile round trip commute for a grocery job? That just seems silly. Better just to work at a local Starbucks, or at the Target. Believe it or not, these options are exciting to me. When I worked at the phone company, I fantasized about a "normal" job that you could just apply for and not have it be a lifelong commitment.

Well, just wanted to report in about the job situation... I'm bummed. I know that everything happens for a reason, but that doesn't mean I have to love it all while it's happening!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

trust your gut. i agree that TJ would be an awesome place to work. in stead of leaving along post, i'll just send you an email...:)-caitlin

Anonymous said...

The thing about working at TJs is that if, for some reason they were jerks and you had to quit, you could never go back into that TJs again. And if they passed you, well, someone is crazy in the head over there. It's so much easier to find a replacement for Starbucks...