Monday, April 21, 2008

Whew!

I had quite a day yesterday. It was a blast.


I awoke early, having arrived in Burbank Saturday night. I went to the meditation meeting and sat still with my eyes closed for half an hour (without falling asleep thankyouverymuch). That was a great, centering way to begin what was to be quite a whirlwind.


I met a girlfriend at Starbucks in the Great Indoors. We talked for about half an hour and then I took a deep breath and dove into my crazy day...


First, off to a church in L.A. and hung out with a priest and my co-captain of the Mother's Day retreat. I was kickin' it in a priests' living room, listening to his four foot high quad speakers. Apparently, my friend Father Terry likes to rock. The man is very big on Beethoven.


We went to a vegan restaurant in Silver Lake called Green Leaves and I got the pad thai. It was good, but I really like dead animals as food. My co-captain Vicki got gluten free pancakes and soy chicken and her eyeballs were rolling back in her head. Father Terry was slightly resentful at the shrimp dish that didn't have real shrimp... but he's a spiritual man so he ordered the chow mein.


Then I boogied back to Burbank to meet up with Kate and we strolled downtown, shopped, chatted and were tempted by frozen yogurt, but finally got goodies at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory.


So THEN it was time for my birthday party at Romancing the Bean, thrown for me by the lovely Tianana. About 10 of my absolutely favorite women showed up and showered me with love and loot! Everything was great, except the rosewater fiasco! One thing that was given to me was Cedric. Everyone, meet Cedric the gnome:


He's standing on the remains of my gluten-free birthday cake.

After spending five hours talking to my girlfriends, I left for my father-in-law's house to watch a game one of the NBA playoffs. Lakers vs. Nuggets, and the Lakers looked great and won the game.

I floated off to bed, content with a day well spent.


This morning, I met another girlfriend for coffee. After that, Cedric and I were ready to head for home.





Before we left, I decided to get my toes done.


I love them.




















And here's a shot of Cedric with my birthday loot:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sunday was SO FREAKIN' AWESOME!!! Thanks for coming down to visit!!! And I'm so glad that Cedric is out and about in the great wide world! YAY CEDRIC!!!

Kat said...

It sounds like you had an excellent visit! Sorry I missed coffee but I notice the one bag being recycled again and that's awesome to have something between two people that keeps going and going (:

I will see you next month however and I'm looking forward to our pedicures.