Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Chili and Things

I made chili yesterday in my slow cooker. I cooked it for 6 hours or so, even though it was mostly canned ingredients. Canned beans, canned corn, jar of salsa. But I did roast jalapenos and red, orange and yellow bell peppers for it. Then my husband barbecued a pork tenderloin and a couple tri-tip steaks for the pot. It tastes really good. There are 4 jalapenos in there too, so it's very spicy. Spicy and GOOD!

*Sigh* I love food. I would take a picture of it for you but I'm afraid it just wouldn't look very appetizing. So just use your mind's eye and imagine a colorful veggie, bean and meat packed stew of yum. Okay, I know it's 5:45am but now I must have some.

Today I'm meeting with my sponsor, Linda. She's the coolest lady. I'm very happy to have fallen in with her. A gal she sponsors is one of my favorite people up here.

I bought a treadmill. It's gigantor. Huge. When we set it up, its gravitational pull attracted a small moon. I kind of over-bought because it was such a great deal. Beware the great deal, people. Although now that I'm more used to it, I do have to say I love it. Even though it has a helm like the Enterprise!

I'm so ready for Halloween. Scary movie, check. Pumpkins to carve, check. Five and a half foot tall motion sensor scarecrow to terrify small children, check! I don't do costumes per se but I do do knee-high black and orange striped socks. I love them!

If I don't talk to you before then, have a very scary Halloween.

1 comment:

giddy girlie said...

#1 - 5:40-anything is too early to be awake

#2 - it is a respectable 9am now, so I need some chili

#3 - that reminds me: I've only got a couple of days left to bust out all my Halloween socks. I have some spider knee high ones that I haven't worn yet. Oh no!!

Have a great Halloween!