Friday, May 16, 2008

Wish me luck

I called yesterday and made a second interview appointment at Starbucks for Tuesday at 5pm.

Today I am in the store, and after having had a great day yesterday... today=nothing. Nada. Zip.

Bummer. Maybe next week...

I am happy that it's Friday and I get to spend the weekend with my hubby. Hopefully he won't need to work too much, and we get to watch the Angels-Dodgers series. Like, as it's happening. Which we don't usually get to do, thanks to the miracle of DVR and full lives.

I am missing my friends after having just seen a little of a few of them... I've had some nibbles at a few of my friends/relatives visiting up here but nothing solid yet. My mom is coming out in July, I hope that works out.

I met with a gal for dinner and it went well. It's amazing how much women can talk! I don't even remember everything we talked about but it was nice just to get to know some one a little. I am so comfortable with the friends I already have, I resist wanting to get new ones, but that's just being stubborn and silly.

It's about one hundred degrees here and I wish I had this crazy awesome thing or even this ever so slightly less fun toy. Why oh WHY did they not have these when I was a kid? We put down garbage bags on the lawn to pretend like we had a Slip n Slide. There's room in our front yard but no kids to explain why we have a water bouncer on our lawn. Alas, the water park in Paso isn't open until next weekend. So I guess I will just have to turn on the sprinklers and pretend I am four years old again as I run through them.

Wish you were here!

Have a great weekend what ever you end up doing. :)

2 comments:

Kat said...

Sending "Good Luck" vibes your way!

It was great seeing you last weekend and I had a nice time in town. Maybe I can come up and visit sometime.

Again, Good luck!

Big Dave said...

I wish you good luck