Monday, August 25, 2008

Cedric Meets New Heights

I went to Bishop's Peak again with some ladies from work, one who dubbed Cedric "the roamin' gnome." I like it. Here's Cedric at the bottom of the mountain. He has no idea the bouncy ride he's in for at the bottom of my hiking purse. Yes, I carry a purse when I hike. And yes, I know that's ridiculous. But how else can I hold my pepper spray, chapstick, water, driver's license, credit card, $20 bill and a freakin' gnome in my hands all the way up a mountain? What? I like to be prepared!




















These are my co-workers soaking up the view from the top.



























Some people like to climb rocks that hang over long drops. I'm not sure that I can appreciate that. Cedric is so nervous about it, he can't even watch.




















This is a beautiful view of the men's prison facility, with my lovely gnome posing smugly in front of it.





















And finally, the Ladies of Starbucks. From left to right it's Brandi, Megan, Cedric and then ME!

The weirdest thing about me climbing a mountain is that I want to do it again. Like, a third time. And I don't plan to stop after that. What's weird about it is 1) it's outside and 2) it's exercise. Together. I don't know what is happening to me in my old age.

In other non-mountainous news, Jennie arrived late last night for her regularly scheduled visit. YAY! We were going to go the water park but it's CLOSED because school starts again this week. Yes, that's right, I didn't go to the water park one time this summer. Fortunately I'm going to have another chance next year, or else I'd throw a fit.

So we're going to the beach instead. SPF 50, here I come...

1 comment:

Giggly said...

I hear that mountain is addicting.

My daughter made it to the water park this summer, she said it was awesome! I missed out...

Cedric is a cutie!