Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Early Morning Thoughts

I started this blog to document my move to a new place and to keep everyone posted on my life in general while I'm so far away. Fortunately, I've been able to find plenty of new ways to communicate with my friends down south and don't feel particularly cut off.

Still, this blog is way fun and so even though I don't really have a lot of newsworthy stuff afoot, I don't plan to give it up any time soon. Talking to people who aren't there is one of my specialties any way!

Gabe and I were in Burbank over the weekend (again) because we went down to see Wicked (again!). My hubby's such a good sport, he's seen it 3 times now and didn't complain hardly at all before we went. Afterwards we both agreed it wasn't the best version we had seen, though.

We went with a couple from Atascadero and I was hoping to get to know them a little better but they didn't even get to the theater til after the lights had gone down, and when went out to post-Wicked dinner, she mostly bonded with her friend from kindergarten she had invited along. So much for that plan.

We went to dinner at LALA's on Melrose. Great food, but disappointing service. After waiting 20 minutes for menus, one of us asked a staff member if we had a waiter. A long moment of silence followed, and "I don't know" was the actual answer we received. Eventually things got straightened out, our food came and all was almost forgiven.

This weekend, I have a big event going on at my house. A very talented massage therapist graces me with her presence once a month, and we decided to throw a spa party. Now, I've got 10 appointments available and exactly ONE got filled. People here are so frustrating. We'll see if any one even actually shows up. Well, besides the one appointment.
Looking back, I see things I could have done differently to coordinate and plan better. But the flyers are out and there's really no turning back.


So when I say "big event" I mean that there's a possibility I might have some people over... or not. Who knows... the way I look at it, it's an opportunity for me to open my doors, be welcoming and hopefully make at least one friend out of this whole shenanigan. Plus! Helllllooooo chocolate fountain!

On a happier note, work is going well and I'm trying to make connections there with the people I work with. Everyone there likes to have fun so it's really never boring. More recently, I've been working past the big morning rush and actually getting to relax for a few minutes at a time, and get to speak to customers a little longer and conversate with my fellow Starbucks partners.

Now I'm off to work!

No comments: